Amazon hires people from all types of backgrounds, into positions based all over the world. We recruit the best and brightest.
Sr Program Manager
Amazon strives to be earth's most customer-centric company, where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience. Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. To expand the selection of products available to customers, Amazon engages with sellers who offer their catalog of products on Amazons’ global ecommerce platforms.
The Seller Support team acts as the primary interface between Amazon and sellers. We obsess over providing world class support, technical assistance and account management services to our global partners. We strive to predict the seller's needs, create innovative self-help tools and provide solutions to help our partners better serve their customers and grow their businesses. Seller Support at Amazon provides candidates with an opportunity to join a diverse, multicultural team with direct partnerships across extensive worldwide locations.
The EU Seller Support team is looking for an Operations Excellence Program Manager who will focus on process improvement to support seller needs and ensure our associates work in an environment that continually seeks to learn and improve. The successful candidate will be a key member of the worldwide Amazon Seller Support team and will be responsible for delivering strategic quality projects that will directly impact the seller and associate experience.
The successful candidate will be tenacious, driven, able to demonstrate effective stakeholder interactions and be comfortable managing several different competing priorities and projects.
· Recognize and pursue opportunities for improvements in process and efficiencies, collaborating with seller experience and operations teams
· Communicate project status to Seller Support leadership, business and operations’ management, providing useful and timely reports
· Collaborate with other worldwide Seller Support and technical teams to continuously innovate and redesign all seller-facing interactions to facilitate more customer self-service activity and to cater for multi-cultural seller needs.
· Lead and manage the planning and implementation of the projects assigned.
· Define and document the scope, goals and deliverables of projects for approval
· Define the project tasks and resource requirements needed to deliver to projects
· Create, communicate and manage the schedule to deliver and work with cross functional teams to secure the relevant resources.
· Monitor and track the project deliverables and project progress.
· Manage risks, resolve issues and initiate corrective action as appropriate.
· Appropriately engage, communicate and consult with stakeholders
· End to end responsibility for ensuring a quality delivery that meets internal customer expectations
· Produce and analyze metrics using SQL queries and MS Excel, and use the results to drive improvements to the overall seller experience
5+ Years of project / program management experience is required.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Business Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent
Excellent communicator both verbal and written, with an ability to communicate with all levels in the organization
Proven ability to scope, plan and program manage multiple projects within agreed timelines
Strong ability to analyze data
Solid experience in working in a customer service environment
·Proven working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques
Technically savvy with a good technical aptitude of SQL and databases/data warehouse.
Ability to deep dive and quickly gain a deep understanding of the processes that underpin the projects
Good decision maker who proactively makes the right decisions, but knows how to systematically escalate problems to get support where needed
Think and act both strategically and tactically and good problem solver
Availability to travel internationally in Europe and North America
Master’s in Computer Science or related field
People leadership skills including remote management
Proven track record in the delivery of large scale complex cross-functional projects.
PMP certified or equivalent project management certification a distinct advantage